Friday, June 27, 2014

WHERE have you BEEN? (Part 3)

I WENT TO SCHOOL FOR A FEW YEARS...

These first year projects... Oh... They kind of make my stomach cramp up. It's all part of the journey, right? Ehhhh...

Concept Development. We weren't allowed to use computers. I KNOW. But it was for our own good! And Design Fundies? All that weird exploration. Those beginner computer graphics classes... It hurts my pride just thinking about it.

Since I was already studying the Bible, I had Pastor Mike help me with these ideas, which I thought was pretty funny since I'd always thought Tarot cards were supposed to be Satanic or something...

 Late in December one year I decided I was going to bang out a Christmas card (left, hopefully obviously) but I only got like 1/3 of them written and sent. Because it was FINALS and I was BUSY!


Leta needed a lot of help with math and I thought maybe I could help her visualize it... I found myself "designing" every little thing around the house and family life had a way of sneaking into projects... What would the kids think was fun? Ice cream clouds?

I'm not going to lie...it seemed really impossible to juggle going to school full time during the day, then managing the craziness of the kids after school and all their homework and problems, dinner, laundry, bedtime and THEN settling in for hours and hours of MY homework after everyone else went to bed. Fortunately, whiteboards and sticky notes kept me sane.



        
We had a little shin-dig at my house after graduation and I told people it was to help me catch up on dishes and laundry. For some reason everyone just stood around eating and talking instead. THANKS, GUYS.

I learned a lot and met some great people, and I lived through it, mostly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You did live through it and we are hoping for better days ahead for you...dear Granddaughter! Each of those hard times presented you with a challenge and yet you came through with God's blessings...