Sunday, July 25, 2010

In Transit

Yann Tiersen. I am addicted to this music. When I listen to Yann Tiersen, I go on a journey. It's the only time I feel like I might not mind dying because in that moment I feel okay with the whole of the human experience--the joy, the pain, the life so real you can sink your teeth into it. I think about the ugliest moments of life and feel at peace with them. God, real life can be ugly!



Uglier than you ever thought, more beautiful than you ever imagined, and amazing in a completely different way than you expect. I want to lay down on the ground and run my fingers through the grass, feel the weight of each footstep, no more and no less than it is.

I think about my tiny plot of life when I listen to this music. For a second I understand just how brief it is, and instead of feeling its insignificance, I feel... just in awe of all that sweating and filth and bleeding and eating and drinking and... how BIG it is, all that flavor, packed in such a small blip.

I don't know what to make of it.

And then we arrive at the destination, I turn the car off, I get the kids out, we buy smoothies and walk around thinking about tomatoes instead.

6 comments:

Dr. Kenneth R. Sepeti Esq. said...

Listen to this, it's awesome:
youtube.com/watch?v=lSnWhsmlGec

jenn said...

Love the music thanks for introducing me to this fantastic group.


Jenn
https://www.momentsofelegance.com

yermomma said...

very nice, I love violin, guitar and piano music! Anyone got a piano video to share?

joven said...

beautiful blog..pls visit mine and be a follower.. thanks and God bless..

http://forlots.blogspot.com/

Tina said...

Listen to Tiersens Sur le fil piano version. It always puts me in the state of mind you just described. It seems just like what my soul would be if it was music when I'm weary.
I guess you already know that he wrote the soundtracks for Amelie. Anyway, if you don't have it jet be sure to get it. It's awsome.

Pásztohy Lili said...

hi hilary i came to listen to his violin and was beautiful and cos you like it very much now let me recommend one of my favorite violin player

http://pasztohylili.blogspot.com/2010/03/last-week-i-mean-this-friday-i-saw.html

bye and thanks for the music