Thursday, May 13, 2010

This comic isn't very funny.



I had this nightmare over and over from about age 4 to age 7. Feeling lost and abandoned was so terrifying. I was so relieved to find someone I could trust who would help me.

The people who I thought were most trustworthy became monsters.

I still feel this way about many Christians. My childhood nightmare has me always waiting for them to reveal their vampire teeth.

I'm trying to get over it. After all, my beloved family members love Jesus, and they are good people, along with so many of my friends and acquaintances. I'm trying to understand, and let go of this paranoia.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get over it!?!? That's exactly what they want!

Don't you let your guard down for a second Hillary! Not for 1 second!

Anonymous said...

I wonder if those church night mares came from the church you went to at one time.. I remember going with you and the shouting and arm raising and people smothering you with praise., It frightened me the Easter
Sunday I went with you and I was an adult. You were little with all those big people !!!!

Anonymous said...

Love Christ. He is not what you have experienced in modern day Christianity. His love pours out from the Bible.