Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Bouncing off the Walls

I go through phases where I have very little impulse control. Everything is interrupted by the irrepressible need to do something... I think of something and must act on it immediately, but then whatever I'm acting on gets interrupted by some other thing I must act on immediately... My life is USUALLY like this, but in a more zombified state. Typical mom-ness.

The difference is that right now I feel like my eyes are bugging out of my head and I'm grinning maniacally, bouncing all around like a monkey. I like it, but it can be embarrassing and I annoy myself a great deal!

...

Also, I have a staring problem. But only if you don't stare back.

...

Do you have tricks for staying focused or for self restraint?

P.S. Haircut day. I love haircut day! Good job, me, for getting a haircut. Oh, oh yeah, and good job, Lowen, for cutting my hair.

P.P.S. Yesss it's finally kid bedtime!!! Grown-up party time! Woohoo!

2 comments:

Zip n Tizzy said...

I wish I could offer advice on the focus.
It was THE hardest part for me about having two babies. I'm feeling a little more in control as they get older. I now set timers for my self and go to yoga as frequently as possible. It seems to help.

Jessica said...

I take straterra for focus, lots of caffene and antidepressants; however, I still have hyper super highs on occasion, but manic depression runs on my mom's side of the family so it might be a little of that. My sister was manic and she annoyed the hell out of me during super high and super low...unless I was super high or super low too...or drunk. I agree. It's fun to bounce.