Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Reflecting


Last weekend we got the sad news about Jason's step-mom, Debra.

Debra K. Samsa, (Hagstrom, aka Pintar), found peace on Saturday morning, January 23, 2010, at the age of 53.

My heart goes out to the family. Words just can't express the heartache when I think about Jason's dad and step-sister Sonia, and so, so many other people who are missing her right now.

Right now I am taking a small break from the support role to say a few personal words about her.

I would like to say how much and how obvious it was that she loved the kids. Her face lit up when she was around the grandkids and when she talked about her third-grade class, and all the fun projects they did or that she was excited to do. She always kept me company at family gatherings and I felt like the sarcastic brunettes in the corner, united through marriage to Samsa men, like it was a very exclusive club. ;) It was always a comfort that she seemed to want to sit with me!

Deb, you're beautiful and thanks for all the wonderful things you did in your life. You made a difference to so many and the world was a better place because of you. You are missed!

3 comments:

hadjare said...

You and your family have our sincere condolences.

Anonymous said...

She sounds like a smart, kind lady. He obituary is the kind that makes me vow to volunteer more, to be more active in the community as soon as I can. She meant a lot to a lot of people. And...Music of the Planets! How awesome.

-SECP

Susannah said...

I'm so sorry. I don't know if the words "found peace" indicate that it was something other than a natural occurrence, but either way, it sounds sudden and way too soon. My heart goes out to those she left behind; she sounds like such a wonderful person to have had in your life, for however long.