Thursday, November 26, 2009

What's going on up there?

  • I'm bummed about missing Thanksgiving with my mom.
  • I read an article about a custody battle over a 7 year old autistic boy whose mother is attempting to cure him with chelation and chemical castration among other things, and whose father disagrees...
  • I also read about Autism Speaks bullying autistics who can speak for themselves, like this t-shirt designer and this 14 year old autistic girl who created a spoof website NTSpeaks.org ...
  • I'm imagining what will happen when the children of curebie parents become angsty teenagers who feel like their parents hate who they are...
  • I'm thinking I didn't drink enough water today...
  • I'm patting myself on the back for fighting the urge to lose my temper at Mina tonight, instead setting the timer on my iphone and letting her watch it while she cleaned up...
  • I'm thankful for my cozy home and the family inside it, for the car that took me to the grocery store and the job that provided the money to buy the slightly unsavory frozen fried Chinese morsels, and the husband who likes talking to me, laughs at my jokes, and wants to make me happy...
That's about it. Happy Thanksgiving and thank you for reading!

No comments: