Friday, November 27, 2009

Another post about grocery shopping?!

I always want to know what other people have in stock on a weekly basis...

I did my weekly grocery shopping today. Keep in mind that I am still finishing off chicken soup, we have plenty of rice, spaghetti ingredients and things like that...

Soy creamer
Vanilla yogurt
Sour cream
Marble jack
Soy milk
English muffins
GF Waffles
Rice chex
Salsa
Spinach
Clementines
Red bell peppers
Onions
Pears
Bananas
Apples
Frozen corn
Cough drops
Chicken breasts
Eggs
Chocolates
GF crackers
Tortilla chips
Corn puffs
Pretzels
Trail mix
Tostadas
Flour tortillas
Couscous
Refried beans
Cornbread mix
Pinto beans
Great northern beans
Diced tomatoes
Coffee

So there you have it... That's what we're made of. I'm going to be making chili and then using the leftovers to create different meals throughout the week.

What are some of your favorite foods/staples? Meals that make good leftovers?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some things ALWAYS go on my grocery list the minute I take the back up out of the pantry - ketchup, mustard, Miracle Whip, salt, Hershey's chocolate syrup. There you have my can't-live-without staples.
Merteuil's Mom

sharliea said...

I always buy chicken for left overs and a can of chicken gravey as we love that over noodles. I can add any veggie I have in the house to make a casserole and sometimes I use cream of celery soup which makes it yummy. I always back up soups, mayo, and Tuna. And Cheese...cause I add that to casseroles, pizza or we love tosted cheese sandwiches with a bowl of tomato soup..

Anonymous said...

Some of our favorite necessities:

-Egg noodles. Used for casseroles, soup, Dave's sausage or tenderloin dishes, or with butter and herbs to accompany just about any meat.

-Yoplait full calorie, full flavor yogurts -- especially peach, Ruth's long-time favorite.

-Cheddar cheese

-Crackers - usually Triscuits and Wheat Thins, Dave's preference and healthy enough

-Chicken thighs. These taste better than breasts, they're harder to overcook, and they cost about half as much!

-Dave always needs a variety of bagels in the freezer. They make for handy Ruth breakfasts, too.

-Philadelphia cream cheese

-Skim milk

-Tortilla chips

-Eggs, handy for any meal of the day!

-Grapes, a few apples, a couple oranges

-A variety of Campbell's soups, esp. the Chunky ones, which I can swing into an emergency dinner if needed. Also see Cheddar cheese and crackers.

-Gerber snacks for Ruth. I suppose we're lazy, but she eats these so much more happily than raisins or graham crackers.

-A few kinds of oriental noodles. Dave uses them for stir fries.

I could go on, but I think these are many of the most consistent items.

-SECP

Anonymous said...

Okay, a few more:

-Oreos - Dave loves 'em, and Ruth expects one if she takes a good quiet afternoon nap. I am learning to resist them.

-Cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soups for casseroles

-Chicken and beef bouillion crystals. They take up less room than cans of broth, and I like to throw some into rice when I make it.

We always get good freezable leftovers from Dave's lasagna and my mom's chili recipe. I also occasionally buy a big chunk of ham -- use it one night as slices with eggs or something, freeze the rest, and use it as cubes in macaroni or casserole.

-SECP

Jessica said...

My list is always ginromous, but bread, milk, eggs of course. Can't live without is sugar and lipton tea bags (curt driks a gallon + of sweet iced tea a day) coffee, creamer, cream of soups, pastas/rice and frozen veggies.