Friday, August 07, 2009

Hugging my laptop

Aside from getting a great haircut, I've been hovering over my refresh button anticipating any shred of news about the progression of Laura's labor.

I love childbirth! It's so exciting. I need to know everything. I love this age of blogging and facebook and twitter, where we can all be in a thousand places at once. I know it isn't for everyone, but I think it's pretty great that I can have my morning coffee with all of you, sharing your experiences.

I know it isn't for everyone, especially those of you with a concept of privacy... I don't really get that, as Jason can attest. There's just something about putting thoughts into words and trying to make others understand them... And wanting people to see the real me, sharing hardships so that others who might be going through something similar will know they aren't alone. I've always enjoyed everything more if it's shared with another. Maybe there's something wrong with that. Maybe not. I don't really care. I like it.

What is my point...

My point is...

It's...

Well...

I enjoy you, internet. Mmmmm-wah!

8 comments:

Zip n Tizzy said...

And we enjoy you!

Woman in a Window said...

There is something affirming in the share, isn't there? It grants a larger purpose and while there are so many that can easily dismiss it all as surface, there is a depth to it I never anticipated. I don't think I'll ever stray too far.

Is it the Laura who has been coming here forever? Best to the birth, mom and babe!

yermomma said...

Keep on sharing! Our lives are richer because of you!

thesamsanator said...

The internet is wonderful for sharing, isn't it? It's so great to keep in touch with everyone's lives! Thank YOU for sharing!!

MelRoXx said...

lovely blog!

Maddy said...

Hmm as 'woman in the window' says, it's something to do with affirmation, although I'm not quite sure what it is.
Cheers

psionicdreams said...

by sheer coincidence a friend of mine, also called Laura is about to have her first child (boy) any minute now i expect...!

i'll probably be posting about it on lj.

Louise said...

There's nothing wrong with wanting to share. I usually don't want to share, and I'm pretty sure there is something wrong with me. But I'm with you on the internet. I'd rather share with the world that I don't really know, and who are always supportive, than most of the people I encounter in real life. MMMMMMM-wha back!