Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Diiiiirty confession

Yesterday the kids did a photo shoot for Umi Shoes. They basically just put on fancy boots and played on the playground at Wingra School while they were photographed. It was pretty painless. And now we get to pick out new shoes for everyone!

Today I had an appointment with Dr. Dude. We talked about Dr. Sketchy's, the job situation, marriage, the kids, depression and... Smoking. I've got a dirty secret and it's that I've been having an occasional cigarette all summer, and I need to come clean, and stop this nonsense. So, there you have it. I am sorry for it, and I am done now. He said he wasn't going to lecture me and I put my head in my hands and said, "DO IT. Lecture me. Tell me how bad it is to smoke the occasional cigarette." He told me that my risk of stroke was still just as much as well as my risk for pneumonia and stuff like that if I got sick. He told me that his mom had a stroke recently and she was an occasional smoker. Who knows if this is true, but man, it didn't make me feel good!

Anyway... I just thought I should come clean to the whole world about that. I don't want to be the mom who smokes, and strokes scare me a lot, and I don't want to kill myself, and I don't want to feel like a sneaky dirty hypocrite anymore.

I love my family and I love myself and I want to be nice to my body, not treat it like garbage.

I am grateful for the life that I have and I don't want to trash that either.

Now please give me a hug!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A BIG HUG.... and please pass this on to your Aunt Patti !!!

And I love DR. DUDE too for telling you that ....

Love Ya,
GG

yermomma said...

BIG Big HUG!
You are going to be fine!
I love Dr. Dude too!
Can we all have him for a doctor? Ask him! He could have three generations of us!
Love ya, Yer MOM

Anonymous said...

*hug* We all need some relaxing vice. Are there any others you can focus on that won't do so much damage? Mine are chocolate and/or red wine. And cozy mystery novels.

-SECP

Maddy said...

Dearie me. WE all have our vices. I've been going overboard with the coffee and the wine supplies seem to be a bit low this summer. That said my brain is obviously scrambled since I bought a 10 lb bag of carrots and a 5 lb bag and a quart of carrot juice. Maybe someone or something is trying to tell me something on the quiet!
Cheers