Monday, June 08, 2009

Paisley Cake






My gracious friend Laima needed a paisley cake for someone's birthday so I had some fun with this. Originally I wanted to pipe black and white around the burgundy and yellow but I couldn't make a black that didn't taste terrible and my buttercream frosting is very yellow and not white. I'm still having a bit of a problem with steadiness but I know that as my hands get stronger this will get better. And then I will develop carpal tunnel and need surgery.

Until then... CAKE!

8 comments:

Zip n Tizzy said...

This is Beautiful!
Truly. Just Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

It looks so, well, fun!

thesamsanator said...

This is so awesome! I love it !

hadjare said...

The receipient is one lucky person to get such a beautiful cake!

Sleep late... dream more. said...

The cake was a hit! THANK YOU :)

Hilary said...

Sorry about the bitter coloring... It's a learning process. :P

Karuna said...

As the cake recipient let me just say THANK YOU!!!! It was a super spectacular - easily the prettiest cake I've ever received! :-)

Anonymous said...

great blog!
www.markosenex.blogspot.com