Sunday, May 03, 2009

Gallery Night

I just want to thank everyone who showed up for Gallery Night on Friday. And a very special thanks for the folks who came from out of town just to show their support. I'm a lucky girl to have so many special people in my life. It was easier to handle than I thought it would be, especially because so many familiar faces were around me at all times. Some people obviously just came for the food, which disappeared quickly, but most were there for the art... I think...

Afterward we went to Mickey's on Willy St. for food and drinks. I thought I would really be ready to pound a couple down but it was hard to finish one drink--I was just tired and wanted to go to bed. So I got through Gallery Night without even getting buzzed.

If you missed the show, or you just want to go back for another look, or maybe you want to go back and BUY something, you can see it throughout the month of May at Happy Bambino.

...

Other than that, we are on virus no. 8761498 in our house. Cullen's nose is running like a faucet and he's having a tough time with that. It seems to be going into his chest a bit. Mina and Leta are sniffling but otherwise don't seem too bad. I have a raw throat/chest feeling and a bit sneezy and just sort of off balance. Jason is feeling it too.

Even so, I'm happy to report that I planted the herbs and flowers I got on Friday and didn't let everything die on my kitchen counter. I also dug all the grass and dandelions out of my herb garden and tossed some mulch that seemed to be stuck together with mold or something. Jason mowed the lawn. So hooray for us, we went outside and tried to fit in with our neighbors. ;)

4 comments:

Woman in a Window said...

Glad your gallery night went well. So wish there was a link that we could see your stuff at.

And all those sniffles, here too, I'm afraid, although I don't think our count is as high as yours.

Hilary said...

You can see some stuff over at my OTHER other blog, beware, it's messy in here but there was one new painting that has not seen the likes of the internet yet... Things in the show are the xray fetus, pelvis, expecting, golden retriever, wooden monkey no. 2, the portraits of the girls, and the new one "impacted" which is a dental xray. I will have to get a shot of it and post it soon.

rdrew said...

We are all sickies, too. Henry seems mostly better, except that his nose is a booger machine (no longer runny, but chunky). I am still in the cough phase, and Mike is about 12 hours behind me. This was kind of a bad cold. It seems to be everywhere, though.

How long is the show going to run? Mike and I will be coming through Madison sometime this summer and I would love to see it if it's still up.

hadjare said...

We worked on our garden this weekend too -- we put in a brick border and it looks so cozy and awesome. Tim did a great job on that. Now I just need the plants in my little starters thing to grow some more before we transplant them. I think I am officially giving up planting seeds directly in the garden. Well at least for this summer. I have such a hard time with the damn weeds vs intended plants identification. Though I wouldn't mind adding something else interesting...hm. Like Rhubarb. I should try that again. Or find some nice place in the yard for that. I don't know. Tim's parent's grow at lot of it.

Anyway. I hope you feel better soon.