Monday, April 27, 2009

Stop it!

Don't compare yourself to others
Don't compare yourself to others
Don't compare yourself to others
Don't compare yourself to others
Don't compare yourself to others
Don't compare yourself to others

Breathe.

I have this feeling, like the way Mina gets when something brushes against her, the way I feel when I touch the metal part of the rice cooker with my fingernails, like I want to rip my spine out and scrub it, like I want to escape my skin. I should stop looking at my paintings or I will end up destroying them. What is my problem?!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Stop it !!!
Don't compare yourself to others...You have got it backwards, my dear..
Let them compare themselves to you !! YOU ARE GREAT..

GG

Woman in a Window said...

you're human. But you're talented, so relax.

amy said...

i know the feeling - and have ruined many a painting because of that uncertainty. good luck! (now realizing the show is over - congrats!)