Thursday, April 09, 2009

I went to the dentist!

My dentist moved to a new location. I have to drive to Monona now. It's not that far, really. The office is pretty nice. I had to fill out new paperwork though, and I waited a lot longer than usual. I got a healthy dose of Oprah and learned all about how to talk to my kids about sex. Thank you Oprah!

I got lots and lots of x-rays. More than the usual bite-wings. It took a really long time.

The hygienist was telling me all about the stroke she had. It was really interesting. She said that she felt totally fine, but she couldn't get her foot to slip into her flip flop. She tried and tried, and couldn't make her foot DO that. Her friend said, "Are you okay?" and she said, "I'm fine!" and she said, "Go to the doctor right now or I will call 911" or something like that. She said she still has a blood clot in her brain. She was in rehab for months and months, and just started working again a couple of weeks ago, two days a week. She was a funny woman and I enjoyed listening to her, though she couldn't seem to talk and clean at the same time, and she flossed all of my teeth over and over and over again. Jason was worried I was off having an affair or something. My dentist isn't THAT cute... ;)

I have to get some fillings. One of my fillings broke, one is cracked... He says all the clenching could break fillings and I need a mouth guard. I also have a couple of cavities. He says that I should get the gas so I can mellow out next time, and they have tvs so I can watch movies or I can listen to music.

My dentist is pretty accommodating for those of us with oral defensiveness and anxiety problems. I think I will keep him.

Anyway... Now I have to chisel away at the mountain of dishes covering every inch of counterspace...

Just wanted to pop in and say that I DID IT.

1 comment:

Zip n Tizzy said...

The dental hygenist told me once that they talk so much to keep everyone less anxious. Sometimes it makes me more anxious because I feel like I'm supposed to respond but I have their WHOLE hand in my mouth!
Sorry about the cavities etc. No fun.