Thursday, March 12, 2009

I should change the name of this blog

to something more appropriate, like, "SICK KIDS".

They all seemed kind of off but I was thinking maybe it's the end of the winter or something, and Cullen teething...

Tuesday night Cullen didn't go down very well. He kept waking and crying inconsolably every hour/couple of hours. Mina woke around 2 and started yelling about not feeling well, feeling like throwing up. I thought she might be hungry because she hardly had anything to eat for dinner. I kept telling her she was fine, just getting all anxious and she just needed to relax. This is because Mina has problems with her tummy a lot at night-time... Anyway, I gave up at some point and just sat in the livingroom with her. Leta kept getting up too saying she was scared, and with Mina being sick and Cullen crying I did NOT have the patience for "scared".

Around 4:30am Mina got up from the couch with her bowl and projectile vomited so that some splashed onto the floor. Then again in the hallway just outside the bathroom. She felt much better after that! She was quarantined in the bathroom while I went to work cleaning up. I'm getting pretty good at cleaning up vomit.

Leta probably didn't get more than a couple of hours of sleep, but I had her go to preschool anyway... Leta wanted to bring a bowl into the car with her "Just in case", I thought, because Mina had one. When I picked Leta up later her teacher told me Leta was saying something about throwing up but she seemed to feel fine so she wasn't sure what was going on. I said, "Oh she was probably talking about Mina."

In the car on the way home I asked Leta what she had for a snack. I heard a "Nng." I asked again and she said, "NNG!" and then I heard this sort of trickling water sound. When I checked the mirror I saw that her little head was buried in her bowl as she silently puked her guts out. Poor kid. I was glad I'd "humored" her this morning when she wanted to bring a bowl into the car!

She told me that she threw up in her jacket at school too, but didn't tell anyone because she was embarrassed! Yuck. This jacket has been washed so many times, it is starting to fall apart and it's only a few months old.

Anyway, today everyone is feeling great. Mina is at school, Leta is still home as it hadn't been 24 hours yet this morning, and Cullen is back to his normal self.

2 comments:

imbeingheldhostage said...

Oh. I am so sorry. I really am sorry. My nerves stood on end as you brought back such vivid memories of last month (we just had our carpets cleaned from January's puke fest).
I really hope it's all over and out of your house soon!

Woman in a Window said...

Puking has to be the all time worst of the worst. Good thing for the bowl though.