Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Hooray, She's IN!

Leta had Kindergarten screening today. I almost forgot about it, actually, despite getting a confirmation call yesterday...
After we dropped Mina off at school this morning, Leta asked, "Mom, what are we going to do that's FUN today?" and because I'm colorless and vile I said, "Nothing, Leta. Nothing."
...
We drove home and it was then that I realized that Leta had Kindergarten screening at 9:15, and I pretty much just brought everyone in, used the bathroom, and loaded everyone up again.

I realized while we were there (and I was chasing Cullen around the library while Leta was tested) that I had arranged for Laura to watch Cullen that morning. Oops!

Anyway, Leta did well and they're going to let her start Kindergarten in the fall. ;) I'm glad "shoe tying" isn't on the test... I remember when Mina was being tested and I had NO IDEA what the heck all this testing was about. Somehow I read somewhere that they did things like see if they could tie their shoes, and I started panicking because yeah... I mean... We hadn't really been working on that so much as we were working on, oh, responding when a person says something, and taking turns, and that kind of thing...

Two down, one to go. This fall Mina and Leta will be in school full time and it will just be me and the boy! I think Cullen will be sad about that. I'll have to make it up to him somehow...

2 comments:

Char said...

School starts for the girls in fall and Mom gets a bit more free time.. Put Cullen in the "Y" nursery if it is a good one and you will have some free time.. My kids started in the "Y" nursery at that age but then Appleton did have a good pre-school there back in the 50-60's.. your life is changing...girl

GG

Woman in a Window said...

I remember when my daughter was in school and my son home. It was so quiet. Really, too freaken quiet. Break out the pots and pans and make some noise. Good cuddle time, though.