Monday, March 02, 2009

Conversation on the way home from school

Mina: There's something that I never, ever, EVER want to tell you.
Me: OH? What is it? (nice try)
Mina: I'm not going to tell you.
Me: Is it something you did?
Mina: No.
Me: Is it something mean?
Mina: Well... It's not something mean, but it's not nice to tell you. I could tell Daddy, though.
Me: Is it something about ME?
Mina: You CAN'T GUESS.
Me: Is it that you don't like my hair?
Mina: No, you have FUNNY hair.
Me: Is it that you don't like my cooking?
Mina: It's kind of like that.
Me: Is it that you love Daddy more than you love me?
Mina: Yeah.
Me: REALLY?!
Mina: I didn't want to tell you because I thought you would be sad. Are you sad?
Me: I'm okay. Why do you love Daddy more than me?
Mina: Because he's more fun.

later

Mina: Mom, Family Fun Night is coming up.
Me: Hmmm. That sounds like something Daddy would like.

I think this is the kind of thing that most moms don't like. I think I would be a lot more sad if Mina told me she loved me more than Daddy.

3 comments:

Woman in a Window said...

You're a bigger mom than I, than. My daughter believes this in her bones and I have to say that sometimes it hurts. (Even though it's true, he is much more fun than me.)

Louise said...

My beast makes no bones about loving Daddy more than me. It makes me happy.

Zip n Tizzy said...

I know that my husband is such a welcome respit from the daily mom that is me. Having always longed for an involved father, I'm just relieved I married an involved father for my children.