Sunday, January 18, 2009

I've been writing, I really have

Just... not here. :D

Yesterday we were so excited about the above 0 degrees F temp we celebrated by leaving the house! We went to the grocery store. I voluntarily brought all three to the grocery store on a day when I could have left them home with Jason. It was that kind of crazy. I think Cullen liked it the most because he HATES getting bundled up. He hates wearing a hat. He hates wearing mittens. He hates having his jacket zipped up all the way. He hates wearing snowpants. He hates having a huge scarf wrapped around his face. "But Cullen, you will hate frostbite even more!" For some reason that baby just doesn't listen to reason.

Today I was even MORE brave because I drove up to Appleton with all three, without Jason. I'm lucky that no one had to stop and use the bathroom! We had to take baby stuff up to my stepsister who is having a baby any day. On the way there I was listening to Radiohead and getting very lost in my thoughts. I was sort of telling the story of the last ten years of my life in my head. I do that sometimes. It is engrossing. For me. ;)

Leta and Cullen had passed out, but Mina kept asking me questions. Actually she was making statements and then saying, "Right, mom?" and I would sort of go, "Uh-huh... yeah..." in a dreamy way (very dangerous!!!)... Then she asked, "You can't see me very well, right mom?"

"Sure I can. I can see you in my mirror," and then I looked in the rear-view mirror.

I stared in disbelief at the red war-paint like stripes on her cheeks.

"Mina, what is on your cheeks?!"

"Let's talk about that later," Mina tried out a new technique for evading questioning.

"No, we will talk NOW. Is that marker?" I thought it might help if she only had to answer yes or no.

"Nooo... Don't worry about it, mom," Mina tried out another one, a favorite of mine.

"MINA. TELL ME RIGHT NOW." I meant business!

"I didn't want to tell you that I had a bloody nose and I didn't know what to do so I wiped it on my cheeks..."

Well, I had to laugh a little... I told her that she should have told me and I would have just given her a tissue and it was no big deal.

I should have taken a picture.

They really make life so interesting, don't they?

3 comments:

thesamsanator said...

I love that you are introducing your children to good music at a young age. This makes me happy. :)

Horray for above 0 temps!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my god! You handled that amazingly well. I would have driven off the road for sure. Blood makes me do that...

Kath

Woman in a Window said...

HA! What a wonderful kid! What do you say to that? Ingenuity, that is.