Thursday, January 29, 2009

Cullen! And Me!

I went to the doctor's office twice today. This morning was Cullen's fifteen month well child check.

He is a little over 25lbs. That puts him in the 75th percentile for weight and he's in the 95th percentile for height.

He has a heart murmur. He had one when he was born but it went away. So anyway I guess we just keep an eye on that for the 18 month... Dr. Dude thinks it'll probably go away but if it's sticking around they might want to do an EKG...

He has some fluid in the ears but again, just keeping an eye on that too...

All in all though he is a perfect bundle of mischief. :D

I went in later by myself for a "Is Hilary going to jump???" checkup. Apparently there were limited exam rooms today and some kind of computer problem... Anyway my appointment was at 4:30 but I waited for about 25 minutes in the waiting... hallway. The waiting room is closed off because of a pipe bursting. I didn't get out of there until maybe 6:20. It was supposed to be a 15 minute appointment but guess what! It was nearly an hour and a half instead. Because I'm a pain in the ass, that's why!

Got a new prescription because the old one was for 150mg and I've been taking 300mg of Wellbutrin.

Meditation.

Sleep.

Getting away from the children, getting away with husband.

Dr. Dude was shocked to learn that I have spent a total of FIVE nights away from the kids since Mina was born. The first one was when I was in the hospital having Leta. The second was... An anniversary. The third was for Chelsea and Paul's eloping party, the fourth another anniversary, and the fifth when Cullen was born.

Talking. Writing. Talking. TALKING, HILARY. DOOOO IT

And stop feeling guilty.

He asked if I wanted to talk to a counselor and I said NOOOOOOOOOO! Are you crazy fool?! Those people are the devil! And he said I probably knew all their tricks by now or something along those lines.

Also I will be getting my iron, vit. D, thyroid... and some other thing checked. I've forgotten already.

And I'm tired so I'm going to say good night now.

8 comments:

Casdok said...

Yes do it and dont feel giulty!

david mcmahon said...

Casdok is right. I wish we could help in a more concrete, meaningful way.

Poutalicious said...

First visit to your blog today for me; found you through POTD. Congratz! Srsly my doctor gives me vitamin B shots and they help me immensely and it's not some placebo affect at all. My vote is get away with hubbie and all guilt is outlawed.

Deb said...

Congrats on POTD over at Authorblog. This is my first time visiting here at your place and I just wanted you to know I enjoyed my stay. I love your honest writing style. Please take time for yourself, and let go of the guilt (easier said than done, I know!) Sending hugs your way!

Sandi McBride said...

Yes by means, do it! Never mind the kids and hubby, do it for yourself...sometimes we girls have to put us first...if we don't, who will?
Congrats on Post of the Day...well deserved!
Sandi

The Egel Nest said...

Take more time for yourself...I struggle with this also...but it is important! :)

Found you through David's Blog! :)

Bradley
The Egel Nest

Woman in a Window said...

H was surprised that you hadn't spent more? Huh? Who gets time away from their kids?

You.get.better.

Louise said...

DON'T FEEL GUILTY!!! I'm attending a seminar on depression for the next 6 weeks (have already been for 2.) It is very interesting. I'm doing it because of what happened with my mom, but can see the information is relevant for life.