Monday, January 05, 2009

Back to School!

I was really dreading the first day of school after Winter Break. Mina had been sleeping in later and later, and it was so easy to get used to not having to go out in the cold every morning. I was worried about how she would do going in to school, parting with us, and just getting ready is really hard sometimes.

I thought my morning would be full of rushing and panicking and yelling and meltdowns.

I was wrong!

First of all, Cullen slept through the night last night and I am really thankful for that.
Mina and Leta slept in the same bed last night, and while they were up late talking and laughing and being silly sisters, they didn't bother us for anything. They got up together, took a little while to get dressed but probably not as long as it does on average, had breakfast and were all ready to go at the right time! WOW.

It's too bad the sidewalks on the way to school were covered with slippery black ice. It took us about 20 minutes to get from where I parked into the building. All of Mina's class was already sitting on the rug in the classroom and I figured she would probably cling to me and yell "Mama!!!" when I was trying to leave, but she didn't! Instead she started putting her stuff away, turned around and looked me in the eye and said, "Leave". I was sure I mis-heard her so I asked her to repeat what she said, and again she told me to leave! I could not have been more proud.

Unfortunately right now she's expecting different rules today about what she can eat after school. She always finishes her lunch when she gets home before she is allowed to eat anything else. ALWAYS. But always doesn't matter with her. She wants something really yummy that she likes.

And then just like that she asks me about how many storms there are in the world.

Huh.

1 comment:

Woman in a Window said...

What a great idea, having them finish off their lunch before getting anything else. But I always bark, "Don't eat anything in packaging! I can send it again tomorrow!" Ok, pyscho mom that I am.

Nice when they have easy transitions. What a tremendous break! And mine were all right today, too.