Sunday, December 07, 2008

"I drink YOUR milkshake!"

Do you ever get a line stuck in your head for days, or even weeks, and just say it over and over throughout the day?

I have the milkshake line in my head and I walk around all day every day saying it, each time trying to sound more like "Daniel Plainview" in There Will Be Blood. It brings me immense joy. Sometimes I laugh for a minute after I say it.

Today I asked Jason if he was getting sick of hearing it and he told me that he quite enjoyed it. I asked if he was joking and he said no. Well, that's good. I guess I married the right person. ;) I imagine most people would probably be driven crazy by something like that.

2 comments:

Woman in a Window said...

Don't know that line but we do that here constantly. Like that line from the Grinch movie when little Grinch says, "Oh Martha, Oh Christmas!" We say, "Oh Pony, Oh Christmas!" Always started by one person and finished by everyone within earshot.

Zip n Tizzy said...

My husband saw There will be blood as soon as it came out and then I followed up on Netflix. For WEEKS he was doing exactly that. Repeating the line over and over, and cracking himself up doing it, so, I know exactly what you're talking about. It was funny, and even funnier once I'd seen the movie.