Monday, December 01, 2008

Are you feeling too happy?

That's what Jason asked when I told him I was going to see if I should lower my dosage of Wellbutrin SR.

I got pretty freaked out this morning when my heart was thumping super hard for no reason while I walked Mina to school. I know that for some people it can cause panic attacks and I also had too much coffee this morning. So I was pretty sure I wasn't having a heart attack or anything like that...

When I got home my vision was all weird. Sort of hazy. Sort of tricky. Like a light where there wasn't light.

So I start googling like crazy and of course come to the conclusion that I'm having a seizure. PANIC! PANIC!

I called and left a message for Dr. Dude's nurse. Dr. Dude called me back 20 minutes later and said to go back to 150 1x daily since I was feeling great on that much, and I told him I thought 300 was making me annoyed with everyone and wanting to be left alone... I mean more than usual. ;) He asked what we did for Thanksgiving and I told him we went around our hometown spreading Norovirus everywhere. He thought that was nice of us. Anyway...

Anyway anyway anyway. I say that word a lot. Because I get side-tracked a lot I guess.

I'm feeling normal now, everyone. I'm going to quit drinking coffee or at least cut down. I know, I know, you've heard it all before.

8 comments:

Madam said...

I started Strattera for ADD and I find that it actually makes me noticeably stupid. Seriously.

Hilary said...

Madam, that is hard to imagine. :) Does it slow you down?

Anonymous said...

Jeanne takes one pill once a day & is happy with that. I love you. f

Woman in a Window said...

For real, coffe does a real number on me. One WHOLE winter I felt weird. It took me one whole winter to realize I was drinking too much coffee. I could feel it in my face! Now I still drink a lot (and oh god, I love those caramel Carnation coffee sweetners!) but we use half decaf and half regular so it's like I'm drinking half the coffee. But I do have to dash to the bathroom quite frequently still. Ah, balance.

hadjare said...

so you are noticing an effect from the welbutrin after a week of use?

But no really, I was going to say something about .... oh man what was it. Norovirus? No that wasn't it. Crap. I forgot.

hadjare said...

I remember -- I was going to say anyway. I say that all the time too. It's just a good ... "Uhhh" filler for words.

Hilary said...

hadjare, that's the kicker about these types of drugs--the side effects come earlier than the intended results. When I said I was feeling normal, I meant I wasn't hallucinating anymore. :P

david mcmahon said...

Take care. Have fixed the title on Post of the Day.