Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Nothing to see here! *nervous high pitched laughter*

I was going to edit my last post to add this but decided my neurosis deserved a post of its' own.

I just read that women my age don't necessarily need the annual stuff so much, now I feel kind of worried because really it feels wrong to go to the doctor when I'm kind of healthy, but you know the only time I've ever had my cholesterol checked was for the life insurance physical when I was 22 and pregnant with Mina, and it was like 450 or something (I just know that it was REALLY HIGH). So I could be healthy or I could be a ticking time bomb!

I should probably confess that sometime early last year I think I had a kind of mental breakdown, and one of the ways I was affected was that I became preoccupied with the notion that I should be in PERFECT HEALTH and began wondering about every. little. thing. I don't know if that's the same as hypochondria since I didn't think I was dying from any diseases or anything, it was more like "WHOA there's a little blemish, better get that nipped in the bud..."

I mean it made sense to me to have a physical one year after having a baby. I don't know why because I don't see any information backing me up on this. Why am I so worried about this? It's just a physical. People have them all the time. I will get checked out and be sent on my way.

*hyperventilates*

2 comments:

Louise said...

Just go. The doctor will tell you how often to return. It's better to be healthy.

womaninawindow said...

I found I went through a phase after becoming a mother of worrying a lot about my health (and the general demise of the world.) I'm much better now. Get checked out, be well and celebrate.