Saturday, November 22, 2008

Feeling Great!

Today I didn't take the Paxil and I feel great. I'm awake, alert, I had a cup of tea and no coffee. I don't even feel like I need coffee!

Amazing what a week of feeling like total crap can do. Feeling normal is like a present from the universe.

Yesterday at 11am I already felt like I was dying and wanted to lay down on the floor of the doctor's office. I didn't care about anything. After my appointment I sat in the van just staring blankly ahead in the parking lot for about fifteen minutes.

I wasn't sure if I was going to feel horrible today as I hear discontinuing Paxil is PAIN, but then, I only took it for nine days and it was a low dose. Anyway, take THAT, Paxil! I feel awesome.

I'm the best quitter ever.

Yesterday I would have become too exhausted about 1/3 of the way through this post. Today I could go on, and on, and on! But I won't.

Just wanted to say hi.

4 comments:

Connie said...

Don't push too much too soon! You are allowed to go put your feet up and enjoy feeling better!

womaninawindow said...

I can feel your energy. What a gift to have it returned.

david mcmahon said...

Great to hear you're feeling better - but take it easy.

Keely said...

right on! It's hard to find the right meds. I tried through 4 or 5 different anxiety/attention-type drugs before finding the right thing.

At 9 days, you actually held on a lot longer than me. :) I tended to give up after, like, 2 days. Which maybe wasn't healthy, to be honest.