Saturday, November 15, 2008

darkish lightish place

Well folks, after a distressed call to Dr. Dude this week I am on day four of Paxil. So far it sucks the most ever. I hear that it is supposed to suck the most ever for a few weeks, and then it gives you a great big present of happy when your brain explodes. Does that sound about right, Dr. Internet?

I have concerns about this drug and I go back and forth about it. I'm writing everything down and get to see the doc face to face in a few days, when I will probably beg him for any and all suggestions, treatments, and possibly a different drug that doesn't make me want to sleep until it's all over.

Until then I will probably continue to feel shivery, thirsty, so tired I could die, dizzy (spells), headachey, nauseous, spacey...

Sometimes it's fun to be spacey, when you're in the bathroom and you can just get lost in the wood grain of the cabinet, but it's never fun when your kids are going, "are you LISTENING?"....

So, that's what's going on. Okay. I'm glad I told you all about it. Now excuse me if I sleep for a few weeks.

7 comments:

platensimycin said...

Don't know why exactly you are taking Paxil/SSRI but it's important to take any drug that crosses BBB with caution. It won't make your brain explode, but it can make you more susceptible to mood swing. If it's seasonal blue that you're trying to beat, i usually recommend sunlight therapy +/- chocolate before resorting to anything pharmacological. Caution is the key word here; it's better to overdose on chocolate than to get a chemical riot in the brain. Keep your Doc informed.

Hilary said...

NO FAIR that I can't read your blog, platensimycin. How do I get invited?

platensimycin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
platensimycin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
womaninawindow said...

Hey, whoever that first guy is he's smart. Be careful. Get well.

Jessica said...

Paxil? Thats more for social anxiety/panic disorders and can be really crazy if you stop it suddenly. I think a better/safer alternative would be prozac (which is what I take because I am prone to the freak outs that can occur when suddenly stopping and antidepressant like paxil).

I read your blog all the time and know exactly what you mean when you talk about being snappy and swing from one mood to the other. Clinical depression runs in my family as well as manic and it sucks, but prozac has helped me so very VERY much. He started me on 25 mg a day and then raised me to 40. 40 is my magic number. I would keep a journal of how you feel from day to day and show it to Dr. Dude at the end of the month. FYI, you don't feel like a stoner on prozac either. I tried running around in the sun, and chocolate just adds to my body fluff. Sometimes you get to a point where you need a little help and I tell ya, when you get to where you feel normal, it's so much better than where you were. There is this little thing I use for work that is free and might be somethng you would like to play around with: Its called the medicos pharmacopedia and with it you can look up all the specifications and adverse reactions of any medication. Its really cool and I use it every day.
Download it here: http://www.medicos.md/beta/

Louise said...

It's a bummer when you want to sleep and can't. And I get loopy when I take my allergy medicine. It isn't good for me at all.