Thursday, October 09, 2008

You didn't think I would do it, did you?



Operation: Towel Rug is in full swing. Jason says, "That's great, honey! I can't wait to use it up at the cabin someday..." (We don't have a cabin)

The problem is that we are no longer using the grey/blue color scheme in our bathrooms. SO the question is, who is getting this beauty for Christmas this year???

Hey, I needed SOMETHING to take my mind off of the fact that Mina needs to have a tooth pulled. Yeah. We went to the peds dentist today and while the experience was great, the news was bad. Poor kid. She was so good though, I was really proud of her. Then, at the end when they let her pick out a toy, she said, "I'm not going to pick one because I think we have enough toys at home," a ha ha ha! I have her totally brainwashed!

4 comments:

Jo Beaufoix said...

That is such a cool way to use up old towels. I must try it. :D

Louise said...

Good job on the brainwashing! And I totally understand the towel thing. Things like that are relaxing on an elemental level for me. Maybe you should GET a cabin!

Jessica said...

wow, how cool. I always end up using my towels until they are ridiculously thin and full of holes, then I cut them into manageable cleaning rags until they finally fall apart. They make great dish rags... However, my sister that passed away used to pick up free clothes from the back of goodwill or garage sales and stuff. Mostly jeans and sweaters/sweatshirts and cut 6" x6" squares out of them and make these massively heavy quilts and then take them into the cities and drop them off in alleys and in front of low rent places or whatever for the homeless and poor to take. They were plenty warm. She had made one and it was raffled off for some reason. The person that won it had to move and was going to give it away, but a friend of the family caught wind of it and got it and gave it to Dean (my sister's son) So now he has a quilt his mom made...cool right?? Anyway, getting back on track here...rug out of old clothes. That that was the thought that had given birth to nostalgia.

P.S. I have a cabin and it would be beautiful right in front of the sink area :)

Anonymous said...

Mina is so cool!
Oh and love the rug too, not my color scheme though, send it to Jessica!
Love, yer MOM