Sunday, October 19, 2008

This is a post about butter.

For most of the night I have been trying to think of things on which to spread this unbelievable butter. I thought I was buying butter from down the street but it's actually from Minnesota. I feel a little bit guilty about that, being from the dairy state after all. Minnesota butter! But oh! It's heavenly. I never knew butter before I tasted this butter. In fact, I never really liked butter that much! Oh sure, it's better than margarine, probably, but it always sort of grossed me out. Until today! I'm in trouble now. I don't know if I can go back to regular old butter.

I could, I really could. I was thinking today about what I used to live on--IGA mac and cheese, Ramen, frozen peas and corn. That's really it. I didn't drink soda (at home). I did smoke A LOT. I also weighed 110 lbs. And now my life is so full of really good food. I was thinking, could I go back to eating that way? Of course I could. And I wouldn't be sad about it, I really wouldn't. I would be sad about whatever circumstances led to my having to eat that way I'm sure, but you know, I can always make food about surviving and not about doing something really fun. It's sort of a hassle anyway. So yeah I could go back... But every once in a blue moon... I would dream of fancy butter.

3 comments:

Casdok said...

It is good to dream!!

womaninawindow said...

Imagine the shortbread you could make!

(I ate ramen noodles for lunch with a cheese slice in it from a plastic sleeve and I was happy.)

Louise said...

I could only go back if I HAD to. OK, I actually LIKE Ramen Noodles once in a while, but I refuse the boxed mac and cheese.

And butter? It's why I don't weight 110 pounds anymore!