Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sunday Sunday Sunday! Randomness...

We were in Appleton over the weekend for Jason's brother's wedding. It was a lot of fun and I mean that. I knew plenty of people and did lots of catching up.

Tonight I'm tired. I worked a little on my towel rug while watching Desperate Housewives, diapers are in the wash, I have dishes and a little unpacking to take care of.

I was considering having some art postcards printed up.

I like this idea more every time I think about it.

There was something I was going to write about tonight and I'm just typing all of this banal crap, hoping it pops up... It's not happening, though. I'm still drawing a blank. This will have to be good enough for tonight. I hope everyone had a great weekend.

EDITED TO ADD: Ahh! I just remembered. I was going to mention that on the way back from Appleton we saw signs for a tractor pull. It must have been over with by then because we saw a lot of tractors coming away from the area with the signs. I think what a tractor pull is, is some sort of competition involving tractors. You can read about it here if you so desire.

I really, truly love Wisconsin. I remember when I was a kid and I wanted the world to know that not everyone in Wisconsin is a redneck or a farmer. And honestly, I grew up in a liberal arts college town where all of my friends parents were artists, musicians and teachers. It didn't feel very rural midwest to me. Now I do think there is something charming about it all. I like living in South Central Wisconsin especially because it's just slightly warmer than where I'm from, there is a lot of Farmer's Market and Community Supported Agriculture action which is delightfully hippy-hillbilly... Hippy-billy? Hill-hippy. Something. It's granola, folks. It's neat, though. The sense of community around here is what I like. It just "feels" right.

/Wisconsin advertisement :D

3 comments:

Zip n Tizzy said...

I've been feeling the pull of Wisconsin now for quite some time. Us coastal people are a bit prejudice about anything beside the coasts, but the last 10 years has taken a toll on me, and the midwest is seeming so comforting to me right about now.

Jo Beaufoix said...

Wisconsin sounds lovely, and that drawing is very cool. :D

Louise said...

I grew up at tractor pulls!

I think I didn't know you were in Wisconsin. I've been there/through there lots, but have not spent enough time there. Definitely a summertime thing to do.