Thursday, October 16, 2008

Shout Out to My Parents

I was thinking, today, about how lucky I am that I have two parents who both, still, and often, separately, tell me they love me, how proud they are of me, and other such words of encouragement and praise.

Thank you, to my mother and father, for your nurturing ways.

On a completely unrelated note, Leta has been saying "ridiculous" lately, like all the time. It reminds me of Jonah Hill, the Superbad guy. It's ridiculous! *Wild hand gesturing* I don't know why.

I hope I can nurture Leta's future career in comedy, and not in the way that all comedians are products of horrible childhoods...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My parents do that, too. It is nice. I always sort of feel like a fake, though. Like if they really knew how much I screw up on a regular basis...ah, they'd say it anyway.

Kath

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your kind words. I can't help but love you. My own parents are the most supportive & encouraging parents I know, of all the people I've known in my life. Peace...and love, FF

Anonymous said...

Thank you too, I was just thinking at work yesterday as I was working with your growing up in the neighborhood girlfriend, Lynn, that her parents and I must have done a pretty good job as you two gals, turned out so spectacular! She is such a good mother and wife and co-worker! Every now and then she wants to tell me some naughty thing that the two of you did and I just stop her! Too late for that kind of thing now! Whatever you did, you turned out Fantastic! Love ya, YER MOM

Zip n Tizzy said...

That is wonderful... and the affirmative comments your parents both left.
That makes my day... it seems like I've been reading comments all morning about parents who were less than stellar so it's refreshing to come here and read the opposite.

Louise said...

I laugh! At the Leta stuff. First I can picture it. Both of my girls have/do such things. But the rest of your commentary about that was hilarious.

And I love it that you have two parents who are so supportive AND THAT YOU APPRECIATE THEM! My children have one living grandparent (and a wonderful step-grandparent now), and we see so many families that there is no relationship between my generation and their parents, and it makes us sad. This post made me happy!

womaninawindow said...

Supportive parents - cool. Don't know who I might have been had I had more support but either way, I guess I'm OK. Now I know what to give my kids. Hey, you do too. What's up with that?