Sunday, October 19, 2008

Obligatory Fall UW Arboretum Walk

To prove I was there. And I look like (expletive), and the sun flare doesn't hide that.

I promise I was going 2 miles per hour when I took this on the drive through the Arboretum.

I just really wanted to capture the feeling of being inside of a giant bright yellow tent.

Lovely prairie. You can't really tell but this is several feet taller than me in most areas.

The trails are pretty easy here.

Nice shot of Cullen's back!

Leta is HOLDING A CATERPILLAR! It lasted for about .002 seconds and I'm so glad I was able to capture it.

Let's pretend Mina was pulling the wagon the whole time. In reality she was whining about being tired for almost the entire time. She did get to switch places with Leta for a little while... I think everyone was pretty tired but I was determined to force everyone to enjoy this short lived season!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that even when the kids are whiny and difficult on an outing, they still remember some of it fondly. At least that's what I tell myself...

Kath

Anonymous said...

Oh, I miss fall....
And yes, the kids will remember some of it.. And especially because you took pictures so they can look back on that day.

GG
In Florida

womaninawindow said...

Looks wonderful. Too bad everyone didn't play along. That's how it is sometimes though, isn't it? But you have beautiful photos and will remember it all sweetly.

Louise said...

Good for you and your determination!

LOVE the pictures!