Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Nervous

I'm getting nervous about the laser surgery I'm having on the plantar warts on my feet next week. I was okay before I decided to read about it on the internet.

My doctor said the Mayo Clinic site usually has pretty reliable information. This is what they had to say about it. "Doctors can use several types of lasers to eliminate stubborn warts. But laser surgery is expensive and painful and may take longer to heal than do other treatments."

WebMD goes into more detail about it here. I got a little stomach ache when I read that. I'm starting to have pain flashbacks to having my warts treated with Dr. Tougas. And that was just the acid! Well, it was his "special acid cocktail". It felt fine when he put it on, but he'd wrap my feet in this ribbon tape and eight hours later I'd be at work crying from the pain and have to go home.

I feel a little like chickening out but I really want to say goodbye to these behemoths.

2 comments:

Louise said...

Good luck. Nice thoughts going your way, and I'd be nervous, too. But surely the doctor knows what is best. Right?

womaninawindow said...

I suggest this, treat warts with three year old over the counter medication, cry a lot, and then run helter-skelter on the beach barefoot. Worked for my daughter!