Friday, August 22, 2008

Work, Work, Work!

I finally finished a new painting... I think. The gloss is down. I put it on my wall and stared it down every day, thinking about how to go about getting what I want... Today when I was in the basement washing diapers (glamorous, yes?) I was sort of wandering around looking at things, checking out the art supply situation (because I had just been upstairs at the Dick Blick site filling my shopping cart) when I spotted this old box of oil pastels I've had for fifteen years. Perfect! I brought them upstairs and went to town on my painting.

I still haven't decided if it's a pile of garbage or if I wouldn't be horribly embarrassed to post a picture. Jason has agreed to take said picture. I mean, he *is* a professional, after all, I shouldn't be putting such horrible photos of my art up on the internet for all the world to pass around like a virus. *cringe*

Jason, I want you to plug in that camera RIGHT after you take the picture, and then I want you to send it to me, immediately. Otherwise you are fired!

Well, reader, I hope you have a fantastic weekend. Check in again soon.

1 comment:

imbeingheldhostage said...

Oh, you just triggered some brain cells (a feat these days). I miss ordering through Dick Blick! Do you ever order Daniel...um, the memory is going again. SMITH? (I had to google it)
Nothing like the smell of pastels, oils, mineral spirits. sigh. I have too many children.