Saturday, August 30, 2008

Was the paper journal better?

I decided to dig out my journal from ten years ago to see what I was like back then. I have my class reunion coming up, you see... Anyway, back in those days I spent a lot of time covering every inch of my notebook with paint/clippings/doodles... I'm not sure the writing had much substance though. Mostly it's a lot of emo junk. Even then I wrote as if I knew people were reading. Most of the stuff I thought was so tragic is really hilarious.
It was colorful, if nothing else.





















6 comments:

Zip n Tizzy said...

Oh the angst... and the time! So much time to paint, collage, and write painful prose.
Thanks for sharing. I have some very similar notebooks in the garage.

Hilary said...

I'd love to see some clips of old journals from other people...

Louise said...

These are beautiful. Doesn't matter about the writing, they are a feast for the eyes.

My old "journals" are on the computer. Except for some diaries that started in 8th grade and went through parts of high school which I can hardly stand reading myself because they're so embarrassing! Would NEVER display them! And they certainly are not creative like yours!

womaninawindow said...

Pretty, these dark and pained yet so ridiculously pretty pages!

My own, much darker and near illegible. Too dark to ponder in my happy state of homemaking.

david mcmahon said...

That's VERY colourful - awesome. Say G'day to Cullen.

imbeingheldhostage said...

Your journal is gorgeous! I once wanted a book that gave ideas for creative journals like that.. I had forgotten all about it. Your handwriting is so beautiful and artistic. Can you tell I liked it? It's a wonderful piece of art.