Friday, August 22, 2008

THIS CHILD!

She has a cold. She hates coughing and won't do it. I have to tell her to do it and threaten her with tickles. Tickles make her cough involuntarily and it's the only thing that really works, and she will probably hate being tickled forever because I've used it for evil.

Try your google-fu to find out what to do for a child who won't cough. It just isn't a problem for other people apparently. I keep envisioning a device that you attach to the face, squeeze and suck the mucous out.

The sound of her juicy cough in waiting... It just drives me bonkers! COUGH, child! COUGH!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are totally on the right track with the tickling. A little bit of jumping, running around, anything to get an involuntary cough out won't hurt as long as she doesn't have a bad fever or anything.

Of course, I'm a doctor. ;)

Kath

imbeingheldhostage said...

I'm not a doctor, but I play one at home and your idea to tickle is fantastic! We're going through this very same problem with our puney (sickly) 8 year-old. I'm trying your idea.