Saturday, August 30, 2008

Cullen is 10 months old!

(Woops! I seem to have skipped a month. Sorry Cullen!) (Edited to add: I did write about his 9 month doctor visit but I neglected to tag it properly.)

Well, he was 10 months old on the 25th...

Yesterday we noticed that he was crawling on his hands and knees! For the last couple of months he's been getting around army style.

He pulls up on things but doesn't really cruise around like that. I don't think he's going to be an early walker which is nice because I think the earlier they start walking, the more bruises on the ol' noggin. He isn't fearless, I mean. Mina was fearless and it landed her in the E.R. twice...

I'm a little concerned about the fact that he doesn't hold food in his hand, he doesn't try to self feed... He does play with toys and I have seen him scribble with a magnetic doodle pad, so he is using his hands, but he doesn't hold onto the swing, he doesn't hold onto the cart when we go shopping, when I try to get him to grab things he lets go immediately. He doesn't hold on tight to anything. I have felt the strength of his hands when he tries to pull my face off, and they aren't weak or anything, but--oh heck, I'm reading too much into this. It's early. I'm maybe a little sensitive to all of this stuff knowing what I know about sensory processing problems.

Moving on...

I love this kid. I thought I would be sad to see him grow into a boy, get teeth and all that, but I just love watching kids grow. I'm just going to enjoy every stage I think... He's getting two more teeth on top and they are taking a long time to grow in. Cullen hasn't slept really well in months. He gets up at least once during the night. I suppose it could be worse but my other kids were such great sleepers...

Right now he's not very snuggly at all. He can't wait to get down. He never wants to finish nursing--he just wants to crawl around on the floor. Then he zeros in on any "chokeable" item that may be on the floor--that is, items smaller than 1x1"--usually tiny scraps of paper or stickers. It's amazing how quickly after a vacuum this sort of kid debris can appear... Next he'll probably be at the stage where he brings these things to me. "Here mama, a dust bunny. Good boy?" Then they do that at other peoples' houses. Then people say, "I TRIED to make sure my floor was clean!" It doesn't matter--they will find the one speck of dirt and point it out dutifully. Adorable, right?

I guess I should start planning his birthday party. Less than two months away! Hooray for Halloween themed parties!

2 comments:

Dana Petra said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dana Petra said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.