Thursday, July 24, 2008

What's so gruesome about Thursday?


Cornstarch and water. Mina's into doing science experiments right now, so at the end of today's team meeting was some fun with gluey yuck. Everyone was doing it and I was backing away slowly having sensory flashbacks of papier mache newspaper strips between my fingers. It felt like that part in A Clockwork Orange when Alex is singing, "Singin in the Rain" and the old man is freaking out... It is one of those things that makes my spine squirmy. Swiping the cold sludge off of the paper. I'd like to erase it from my brain!

4 comments:

Zip n Tizzy said...

I tried to make that for my kids last summer and my four year old had a panic attack. He's very texture sensitive, which also make's him a picky eater. He wouldn't touch the stuff, ran screaming from the room and I ended up throwing it away.
Then, months later when I needed it for cooking, I couldn't for the life of me, remember what I had done with the corn starch.

Anonymous said...

For me it is chalk and flour. And velvet. And corduroy. I'll stop now, but I could go on and on...

Kath

womaninawindow said...

It's so good for them to involved in things but why can't they just get into meditation or something neat?

New Online Poker Rooms said...

Quite right! So.