Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Nine Month Well Child Checkup

This morning I brought my strapping young lad in to see Dr. Awesome for his nine month visit. I didn't get much sleep last night because Cullen was being such a cry-baby. *rimshot* So obviously that was one of the topics of discussion at the office today...

I barely remember that he was 21 point something pounds. I don't know how many inches long or what the circumference of his head was. I don't know what percentile this puts him in. He has been looking sort of long and lean to me... Anyway, I always think I am going to ask for these things printed out for me but it slipped my mind again! This has happened so many times... Usually they show me the growth curve and go more in depth with this stuff but this time it was not discussed at all. Now I don't know what to write in the baby book...

Dr. Awesome said at this point, because I have been weak and breastfed him during these nighttime crying spells, his little tummy is expecting that midnight snack and when I try not to give it to him he gets FURIOUS. It's a vicious cycle... Anyway... No more nighttime snacking! I'm also starting to wonder if he is wanting to cut down to one nap per day. Boo. I wish there were five naps, for all the children! Okay, okay... Not REALLY...

Last but not least, his TOOTH! She thinks it is a permanent tooth! She wants him to go to the dentist and have them X-ray it! Oh Cullen. I keep trying to google this and I'm not having any luck. Is it that rare? Tell me, oh internet, tell me this has happened to someone else!

7 comments:

Keely said...

My mom teaches elementary school, and she says kids always have crazy stuff going on with their teeth. At least Cullen's tooth isn't growing out of the roof of his mouth! One of her kids had that.

Hilary said...

You know, that's true. I knew someone who had a tooth growing out of the roof of her mouth. My oldest daughter has some pretty crazy looking molars. They have all sorts of spikes coming out of the sides and everything. She has two permanent teeth growing in all crooked, too. I hope it works itself out...

hadjare said...

I know it's a typo and I know what you mean but I totally laughed when I read "breadfed."

Ha ha. Oh that's a keeper.

What else...oh, we get print outs every time we go to the doctor. They are nice! I am counting on them to fill out the baby book that i have barely touched since...dang. I should dust that off, especially since I have pictures to put in it now. Heck I still need to write a 8 mo update for her journal.

Hilary said...

"breadfed"? I don't know what you're talking about. I would never write that. O.o

womaninawindow said...

NEVER heard of it. Weird.

Eeks to the teeth out of the roof of the mouth!

lil'ol'me said...

When i was in my mom i ate my twin, so i prolly have bits of teeth and hair in my brain!

Sophie Brunner said...

Can you please update me on this tooth? My son has TWO like this and no answers.