Monday, July 07, 2008

Mommy, why do you look angry?

That's what Leta asked me this morning while I was staring blankly at the carpet, unfocusing...zoning...

I'm just trying to stay awake enough to drink my coffee. I've been unusually tired lately. Normally I can function well on six hours of sleep and am not a napper, but the last several mornings I have been dozing on the couch well after the children are up and at 'em. I wonder if I'm fighting something off.

It's Monday, glorious Monday! Everything can go back to normal now. Yes, I've become a creature who needs much of my day to be very predictable. I take comfort in drinking my coffee with the internet every morning. In a few minutes, I throw in a load of laundry and get the diapers out of the dryer. Then I'll fold diapers, unload the dishwasher, and at some point Mina will need breakfast and to get dressed. While she eats breakfast I prepare her room for therapy by folding up the futons and making sure everything is arranged properly. Cullen will start fussing and then around 9 he will take a nap. Then therapy starts, Jason will be working and I can get dressed.

For now I think a second cup is needed to get through the morning...

2 comments:

womaninawindow said...

I'm sorry for you. It's not easy, is it, doing all of these things and getting through the day sometimes. It's alot, all of this mothering. Tomorrow'll be better.

hadjare said...

I have never known someone to dislike holiday weekends -- but I guess I could see why. I bet it only gets better when Cullen will really get into the mix.