Monday, July 21, 2008

Catching Up

As usual, I'm going to ease into the week with some tidbits.

My step-brother, Zach, came to visit on Friday and spent the night. We went to Cafe Montmartre for drinks and were a bit disappointed with the pizza we ordered. It's a shame. I always thought they had such great food. I guess the chef must have had the night off. :P

On Saturday we ate at Monty's Blue Plate Diner. It was challenging with all the children. First it was too loud for Mina. Then she was too cold. Then she didn't like her food. This child!!! My food was awesome. I ordered the feta dill burger with criss cut fries and a chocolate shake. For the rest of the day I was in such a food coma...

We went to the park after a while and I tried out what Mina's occupational therapist told me to do, which is to have her touch something with her foot while swinging. You know, like my hand or a ball, when she swings forward. And folks, all of a sudden, Mina discovered that yes, she really CAN swing by herself! She really CAN get higher just by pumping her legs and leaning back and forward! Suddenly she was going on and on about how happy she was. She was so chatty and mature for the rest of the day--she wanted to do EVERYTHING herself.

I had planned on going to a friend's housewarming party Saturday night, but a couple of things prevented this from happening: I was REALLY tired. AND... Jason was doing an engagement shoot in Two Rivers and didn't get home until 11:45 anyway. It wouldn't have mattered because I went to bed at 10:30 after fighting the nods on the couch for an hour.

Yesterday was Sunday, and it wasn't so bad. The girls were pretty entertained looking at National Geographic magazines for much of the day. Mina and I went to the park again and she was really talkative again. She told me that she really wanted to put her shoes on the right feet when she goes to the park so that other kids didn't think she didn't know how to put her shoes on...

Later on when Leta was hysterical about having slept through our trip to the park, Mina brought her a blanket, stating that when she cries she likes to wrap up in a blanket. Then she brought Leta a stuffed animal, stating that she also likes to squeeze a stuffed animal and it makes her feel better. Then she told me that when she cries it makes her feel sick, and when she drinks water it helps her to be able to stop crying. Leta didn't want any water though.

Finally, and perhaps most importantly, I am finally about to nurse pain free. My bite wound has healed, after nursing 2:1 favoring the non-injured side, unlatching him myself before he's done, and making sure he's being supported properly so there's no drag (which I think was the main problem). Anyway... On to happier times!

No comments: