Thursday, June 19, 2008

My life.

Jason and I were just sitting down to watch Running With Scissors when Leta came out of her room. She cried, "Mina shoved a puff-ball in my nose!"... I took her by the hand and went into the bedroom. Mina was curled up in a ball with her hands over her ears. Jason put her in a time out and I took Leta to the bathroom. Her nose was bleeding.

It was one of those moments when I just wanted to press pause and cry. If I could just cry for a few minutes, then I could come back and handle the situation. But there isn't a pause. You just have to act.

I held a tissue up to he nose and closed the good nostril, told Leta to blow. She was crying, "WHAT IS THAT RED STUFF?" and it was hard for her to blow but thankfully it just plopped out after a couple of minutes.

I have no idea what possessed Mina to do it. We explained to Leta how bad it was to stick things up your nose and she was like, "ooOOOooh!" Like she had no idea. Why was she letting Mina stick something up her nose? Maybe she was asleep? Maybe her nose was already bleeding and Mina was trying to stop the bleeding? Ugh. They were just getting crazy like they always do.

These kids.

Then we watched the movie, and now I'm torn between thinking about how strange life is and how much I like having a sort of normal life, as crazy as that sounds.

I love my husband. I love my kids. They are so damn beautiful. They are all so different. I just want to look at them all day. And I guess that's what I do, at least, right now.

Yesterday Mina, Leta and one of Mina's therapists were playing. Mina was a prince, Leta was a princess and the therapist was a monster. She was going to eat them, you see, but Mina said they would find the monster some fruits and vegetables to eat instead. Leta is great at creating drama, and Mina is great at solving problems...

Cullen is so adorable, I am just in love with that baby boy. He can clap now! It's the cutest thing. You just wouldn't think a baby clapping could be so precious, but let me tell you, it is. It's especially adorable because you can tell he's really concentrating, and then you can tell he's really proud of himself. He has that big drooly smile and looks around at his enthusiastic fans...

I love it. I love life. Even though there are bloody, slimy puff-balls.

1 comment:

Madam said...

I have to say, if I haven't before, that your life is pretty inspiring to me. I'm deathly afraid of being a mom, mainly because of my issues with my own mom (which were also partially due to me being a crazy smart, crazy, and smart kid). I have big problems with expectations of how I should have grown up or the ways things should have been, and she and I are having a very hard time reconciling it.

Seeing somoene like you, who balances these funny, challenging, smart, adorable kids while still being so open about the kinds of things you face -- whether it's something inside, outside, big or small -- helps me get a little more comfortable with the idea. I don't know if you're one of those chicks who always acted like she wanted to be a mom or teacher, but you don't strike me as being that way. You're a neat person with fresh ideas who takes things as they come and revels in the little joyful moments.

I wish I were more like that, but in the meantime I can live vicariously :)