Tuesday, June 24, 2008

End of June Tidbits

-I can't wait to write about Cullen for his 8 month update tomorrow. He's gotten SO big in the last month!

-We made it up to Appleton again last weekend for the big Samsa family reunion. We squeezed in as much as we could, of course, including time with Jason's mom and my mom and grandparents. We had a great time but were of course totally drained and useless Sunday night.

-Yesterday my step-sister, her husband and their daughter came to visit. Jason and Martin went golfing at Door Creek and the rest of us went to the zoo. We went on a train ride, the carousel, and the giant tree fort playground thing. The kids were tired and cranky about five minutes in... Then we went to the ZuZu Cafe because the kids were whining about being hungry. The boys brought home steaks and grilled those up for dinner. We had such a lovely time on the deck, despite the presence of a dead baby bird a few feet away. Eww.

-I'm feeling really guilty about the state of our garden.

-I didn't make coffee this morning and that was a mistake. Something must be done about this. I just can't go on without it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, dead animals ruin EVERYTHING.

Except the steak kind. ;)

Kath

Hilary said...

Actually... I'm not big on the steak kind, either, but am alway grateful when Jason prepares dinner.