Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Cullen is 8 months old!



Cullen has become a very wiggly, active boy in the last month. While he is not crawling, he gets what he wants by rapidly rolling over and over like a little baby ninja. He does sort of inch forward to get things that are out of reach, but doesn't quite get his belly off of the ground.

Cullen has four teeth--the central incisors. The latest one, still in progress, looks troubling. It looks like two small teeth coming up in place of one regular sized tooth--like the tooth is split. I will have to talk to the doctor about it I guess, and see what the deal is.

My friend Kelly taught Cullen how to clap. I swear I have been trying for months and months, and Kelly holds him for two minutes and gets him to clap. The same with Mina! Kelly taught Mina how to clap, too. What is it with you, Kelly? Or, what is it with ME? Why can I not teach my kids to clap?

Cullen has been talking about DaDa, ehdthhhh, plbtlbtlbt, and AYEEEEEEE!!!!! a lot lately. My favorite nick name for him right now is "baby bird", because he is always making this attention seeking squalking sound. Then when you look he will say, "A DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE!!!! UGOOOOOOOO!" in a very John Belushi samurai-esque way.

He loves to eat and will pretty much eat anything you put in his mouth. All of my kids are such carnivores. Already he loves steak. I STILL don't know how to eat steak. I don't know when he will learn to self feed, though, since he never puts anything in his mouth.

Lately Cullen has been waking up at 5:30am, eating, going back to sleep until 7:30 or so, taking another nap around 9:30, then depending on when he gets up from that one, his next nap could be anywhere from 1-4pm. He goes to bed at about 7:30pm and sometimes cries a bit. Last night I had to go in there and he had himself all turned around and up against the foot of the crib. He was all upset so I stood over him rubbing his tummy and his cheek while he caught his breath, and when I left the room he went to sleep just fine.

I can't believe in only four months he will be a year old.

Sometimes when I stop to think about my life it blows my mind. In a good way. :D Still, it is so surreal at times.

Pause! Pause! Pause! *tries not to panic*

1 comment:

womaninawindow said...

That is one freaken cute baby. I can imagine him in a sleek Ninja outfit though, flipping around with a powerful chop and kick!