Thursday, June 05, 2008

Grown Up Choices...

Folks, today I came home after having been gone for 2+ hours and saw my nearly full cup of coffee with half and half sitting on the table. I thought for a few minutes about whether I should drink it, and finally decided that that's where I would draw the line. It would have been different if I used non-dairy creamer, but this was real half and half. The very same half and half I had left out on the counter yesterday...

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that was a good call on my part. Actually it was my stomach. It was screaming, "For the love of all that is holy, DON'T DO IT!" while I tapped my chin and gazed upward thoughtfully...

...

Today we got to an appointment at the hospital a few minutes early, so I asked if anyone had to use the bathroom. (Good job, Hilary!) Of course, Mina said she had to go. We went in and Mina went, and Leta insisted she didn't have to go. I told her she should try to go anyway, just in case. Well, she sat down and said, "Mama, you were RIGHT! I DID have to go!" While the children were scalding their hands at the sink, Cullen, who was in a stroller, leaned waaaay over and PUT HIS HAND ON THE GARBAGE CAN. IN THE RESTROOM OF A HOSPITAL. I thought for a minute, then, if we should hurry out to the appointment, or if I should wash Cullen's little hand. That's when I made another awesome choice and decided Yes, I should wash his hand.

See, I'm figuring out this Grown Up thing.

2 comments:

commonunity said...

they should have restrooms for families that are sterilized after every use. there should also be a complimentary medicine cabinet and a nurse call button. when in the men's room, i've had to put my 2 year old son on my shoulders and then pick my 4 year old son up, his pants down, grabbing his legs with my knees and pointing him over the toilet to pee. chanting, "don't touch anything, don't touch anything." we just had a baby girl.

hadjare said...

why is it that adult choices are the ones that take more time?