Thursday, May 08, 2008

Warts and all

The duct tape seems to be working well and I've started taping it down with even more tape! TAAAAPEY TAAAAAPE. Durable cloth tape. I love cloth tape, it's like a sticky ribbon.

Once upon a time I worked at a place called Plexus - Electronic Assembly Corp. I started out as a temp and did a lot of "pre-stuff", which is what comes before the "stuffing line" where all the through hole components are placed and then soldered blah blah blah. Anyway, it sounds so stupid but it was seriously GREAT FUN. This is mostly thanks to the fact that much of the time I got paired up with my friend Melissa and we had to put this crazy orange kapton tape on all the gold parts of the GE Ultrasound circuit boards. I don't know what it is about working with orange tape for eight to ten hours but things would get downright ridiculous. I'm sure everyone thought we were on drugs. I recall giggling uncontrollably, saying, "Just give it a little taaapey tape... A little tape-tape-taperoo..."

...anyway, for some reason, still today, tape makes me laugh. The word tape, the idea of tape, I don't know, it's just funny.

No comments: