Sunday, May 04, 2008

Road Trip!

Yesterday morning at 8:45am Drill Sergeant Hilary had all the kids ready for a big day.

I drove up to Appleton to drop the girls off at Grandma's for the day, then with Cullen, drove to Steven's Point to hang out with a friend who recently had a baby. It was great to see her and her boy! I discovered that Cullen loves animals.

Anyway, there were two big challenges: Going to the bathroom and driving without sparkling conversation. We stopped at Bleumke's in Rosendale to go to the bathroom. Since Cullen isn't in his infant carrier anymore I had to carry him. And I had to go to the bathroom. In a gas station. With pants that button. And two other kids. I managed to laugh my way through it with plenty of "Umm, boy oh boy... This is... Hmm... How do I..."

I feel pretty accomplished having done this and remained totally un-cranky.

No comments: