Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day Weekend, part II

Bluephie's

It wasn't as delicious as I thought it would be. I ordered this crab cake eggs benedict and I asked for my eggs over medium and they were practically raw. Just don't like eggs with a gooey white. I know that's how they are supposed to be, but I don't like it. Also, I shouldn't have done crab cakes two days in a row.

I wasn't impressed with the gluten free choices.

It's less chaotic than Monty's, and cleaner, but I'll stick to this side of town for my breakfast burrito next time.

5 comments:

Makalah said...

I think the best egg salad sandwich I've ever had was at Bluephie's, and their chocolate chip cookie dough egg rolls are amazing. I'd say the egg rolls are worth a trip back to help change your mind about the place! :)

Hilary said...

oops--I forgot to add that I wasn't too into the cookie dough egg rolls either. It had kind of a stale refrigerated taste. :(

Sleep late... dream more. said...

but, but, but... aren't you in love withtheir flavored butter? I <3 that stuff.

and - ugh - I am totallyw ith you on not wanting runny egg whites... ewwww.....

Anonymous said...

I loved Bluephie's about 10 years ago, when they first opened. I definitely think they have slipped since then. Ever since they started staffing the place with all those young whippersnappers.

Or wait...maybe I'm just getting older...

Kath

Hilary said...

damn, I didn't have any flavored butter! I didn't really have anything to butter. My English Muffin was covered with crab cakes and raw eggs. :P And Hollandaise sauce, which was admittedly very good.