Wednesday, May 14, 2008

It's good to have goals

Hey peeps. Did you know you could schedule your blood donation online? That makes it more fun, doesn't it? I have to admit I have only donated blood once, about ten years ago. That's all going to change, my friends. I scheduled an appointment and am well on my way to becoming a better person.

I was on the phone today and Leta was bugging me like she always does (once per month when I actually use the phone). She asked me who I was talking to and I said, "Santa Claus". I feel kind of bad about lying but hey, I'm donating blood so it should all even out. ;)

Mina's head is looking better. The bruise on her forehead is a vertical stripe.

We went to the park today. Mina started asking this other little girl some questions, like how old she was and her name and that sort of thing, when Leta totally bulldozed Mina's big efforts at friendly conversation with 500 of her own questions and then, "Come on, let's go on the slide! Come on let's be princesses! Oh now we're driving! We're best friends! I'll read you a story! You be the mom, no I'll be the mom, let's pretend I don't have a sister or a brother!" Okay, maybe it wasn't exactly like that, but it was close. Then, the rest of the time, Mina wouldn't talk to or play with anyone, but instead chose solitary activities. When I talked to her about it later she said she was shy. Then she said she preferred to play alone because she didn't want to do anything anyone else wants her to do. I have to say... She plays alone so nicely. When Leta takes a nap, it's so nice and peaceful. Mina just draws pictures, builds houses and towers, practices writing. But when Leta wakes up, suddenly they are both competing for my attention.

Mina's eczema is getting bad on her hands. I think it might be the soap at school. Her hands are red, swollen, the skin is thick, dry and looks like old man skin or something. It's time to start using the triamcinolone ointment again.

Exciting, n'est-ce pas?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I definitely remember school making the eczema worse. They have them wash their hands about 50 times a day.

Kath