Thursday, April 10, 2008

TOO MUCH BREAD

So after all that pizza and soda and the fry bread Laura brought over, I've completely undone all my hard work. According to the scale, that is. It's also been rainy and gloomy, and I just feel bleh.

After stuffing myself with fry bread yesterday I decided it was an excellent time to go for a run. It was also day 1 of the "run eight minutes, walk two minutes, repeat four times" program. Yeah... Um... I did the first eight minutes with surprising ease. Then after two minutes of walking it was hard to get going again. I did about four more minutes and had to stop. I had a terrible side-ache and my right hip and knee were all stiff and awful feeling.

I was running on the other side of the street more this time. I don't know if that's what put me in such pain but I do think I need to alternate more--even though you are SUPPOSED to run on the left side. The road is made in such a way that always running on the same side will put one foot lower than the other, and I thought maybe that was messing me up. I wish I had a nice path to walk to, then I would not have this problem.

For the rest of the night my hip and knee were really angry. I did a couple of exercises, I have no idea if they are good for this sort of thing, but I'm happy to report that I am not in pain today.

Except that I have a really bad sore throat. Jason does, too. Tomorrow is supposed to be date night and I don't know if it's going to happen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man. Maybe you could stay in for date night? The weather is lousy anyway. Take-out sushi and a nice bottle of vodka?

Kath

hadjare said...

Hm...well you could still go out and not cook your dinner for date night since you got the rent looking after the kids. I am tempted to just order food tonight and cook tomorrow night. I have no idea what I want to order though. Damnit, I wish I had a cafeteria I could just go to.

That bread lasts for awhile! I have a hard time just eating one piece a day..though I am getting better. It's just so good with everything and easy to eat!

Also, eating bread didn't undo all the work you have done to increase your fitness level, so just keep that in mind.