Sunday, April 13, 2008

Milestones. Mostly about poop!

I'd wait until he's officially 6 months, but I didn't want to forget some of these details.

Today is Cullen's last day of the carrots trial. He has started pooping at a predictable time every day, as I have been feeding him the carrots at between 3:30 and 4 every day. He LOVES them. After the first bite, that is. He always makes a face for the first bite. Then after the second bite, he grabs my hand and the spoon and just tries to shove it in his mouth.

The diapers are always shocking. I know I'm supposed to be all nonchalant about poop, but I just can't help saying, "OH my lord, CULLEN, you didn't WARN ME about this! Yuck, yuck, yuck..." and he laughs and tries to grab at his junk, then kicks his little feet until one of his socks inevitably squishes into his poo. If I can really get this down to a science, I might sit him on the potty around pooptime just so I don't have to wash this stuff. Or maybe I'll get that liner stuff...

Cullen loves his sisters. He really seems to interact with them in a way that just isn't possible between a baby and an adult. Leta is really "in your face" with him--grabbing him, squeeling, yakking it up, making him say things. Mina has recently taken to him as well, but in a different way. She watches him quietly, smiling. She lets him grab her face, pull her hair. He gets really chatty during these times and it makes her laugh.

Cullen has been saying DADA yesterday and today. Sigh. There, he just said it again. And he's looking right at Jason. I think Leta's first word was Mama, and Mina's first word was PRETTY. That's funny.

There's this face he makes when he's playing with something and really concentrating. It's kind of like the "oooo" face, because he sticks out his UPPER lip so it makes a funny point.

Cullen's hair is so fuzzy. I rubbed apricot baby oil on it and it's STILL fuzzy. He also has red looking eyebrows.

He's getting very mischievous. You can see it in his eyes. T-R-O-U-B-L-E.

No comments: