Friday, April 04, 2008

Give me strength

If I make it through this one without getting sick it will be a miracle. I hate being coughed on. I'm considering fashioning bandit-style masks for the kids to wear because they are not always super awesome about covering their coughs. I'm hoping that Cullen isn't getting it, but he's a little off... Last night he wouldn't go to sleep for a long time, then he was up at 3am, and I could hear him coughing and choking in there this morning before I got him up at 6. Leta was getting out of bed all night, getting water, needing medicine, needing more vapor rub, needing her blankets fixed, wanting to sleep in my bed... Finally I got up and said we could sleep on the couch together, but she slept on the futon and I slept on the couch. I'm pretty sure she didn't really sleep because it seemed like every five minutes she was asking if she could eat breakfast yet. Her fever seems better today. That was going to be my cue to call the doctor--if she still had a high fever.

Yesterday I went for a run. I hadn't gone in 8 days and Jason asked if I quit running. He also said he noticed I was feeling down. It was time to pick myself up by the bootstraps and get out there. What a glorious day! The temperature was perfect, 49 degrees, and there was no wind. I reached my goal, and I felt great after that.

One thing though... My right foot gets swollen and prickly every time I run. I loosened my shoe laces on that shoe and it didn't help. I'm not sure what that's all about. I think I might need different shoes. That one just never feels quite right.

No comments: