Thursday, April 17, 2008

Five things about today. (revised)

1. Mina has been tested and confirmed REALLY READY for Kindergarten. She demonstrated awesome math skills and made us proud. I got to tour the school and I'm actually a little tiny bit excited about it all. (and terrified)

2. At the WEAP team meeting I got to see some good "interview" skills, and I had a good time building a log cabin with Lincoln Logs.

3. Cullen had his six month well child checkup today. He's 18+ lbs (hasn't gained much since last time but is in the 75th percentile for height and weight which is great)... He cried for the beginning and end of the visit, but was perfectly happy while the doctor was seeing him. I guess Cullen hates nurses. Who can blame him? They give out shots! He desperately needed to nurse when we got home so we're skipping the sweet potatoes today in favor of lots of boob time. Poor little guy. Good news though! Our doctor is staying with the clinic. Yay! No changes!

4. Jason is making dinner! Hooray! It smells AWESOME.

5. It was risotto and it was totally caloric comfort food but oh, it was delicious. Leta kept saying things like, "I'm going to eat it all, because I love, it, Daddy," I love how she tells us when she loves something.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great news on the doctor staying. It's nice to not have to worry about any changes on that front.

Kath

Anonymous said...

You and your new tooth, Cullen getting a good check-up and Mina passing into kindergarden !! All super news. Now spring has to be right around the corner so you can get the shorts out...
You missed the "MIDDLE" child though.. Did Leta get into photography school yet?
Hugs
GG

womaninawindow said...

Kindergarten is such a BIG time. I remember after my first day of anticipating the meet and greet with the teacher and after beaming at my growing daughter all day, 'cause she was just so big and beautiful, I pretty much wanted to throw up. The teacher was stressed out and overwhelmed, the class was a dump and the kids were unhappy. My daughter and I stood there picking at our butts and after I asked a few questions we ran away. I found her a new school...and that's another story. Good luck with yours. Drop in often to check things out, if allowed.